Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Voices Came From The Television.

So, let's face it. Psychosis happens. No matter how often you take your medication, no matter how perfectly you keep to routine and comfortable settings, sometimes it just happens. Sitting in the bedroom listening to the TV ramble on in the living room, suddenly the voices from out there morph into familiar voices of my older brother and sister laughing loudly about a plot to tear me down and cause me to commit suicide. This makes me shake with fear and discomfort. Logically I am aware that my siblings are 3 hours away from here and that they couldn't possibly be on the television, they aren't that social. Nevertheless I pace my bedroom floor, convinced by what I hear, for about 20 minutes before I realize that I am in a state of psychosis. Once I have reasoned this, and confirmed it by stepping into the living room, I take my medication (it's time for it anyways) and I pick up the phone. I call my Sister's phone and talk to both of them, and sure enough they are happy as ever to hear from me and are excited to hear that I am going to be back in their part of the state soon. All is well and my paranoia is sated for the time being. We can only ever hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment