Saturday, March 22, 2014

Parenting Woes #1: What Other People Think About My Choices.

Most specifically my biological family. I am certainly not one to care what they really think, but sometimes, when you cannot run away, it sucks to have to hear it. I chose not to circumcise my son. There are of plenty of good reasons. One, the Gods would not have given him a foreskin if it were meant to be taken away. Two, the penis is an INTERNAL ORGAN not an appendage, externalizing it causes nerve sensitivity to be drastically reduced, which means sex WON'T feel as good as for uncircumcised men. Three, why the FUCK would I put my infant through that horrid procedure anyways? Bullshit it doesn't hurt. How would you women like it if they started cutting our clitoral hoods off? It is the same concept. So yes, my son is uncircumcised, and I am proud of it.

My family, however, has voiced that they are very disappointed in me for this choice. They seem to find me to be wrong and unbalanced because I refuse to cut off a part of my son's body that isn't going to kill him, infact may help him live longer and have healthier children. His father wasn't circumcised and he is an amazing kiddo.

Sometimes this really aggravates my Schizophrenia. I start having those same frightening thoughts, then I just plug my music in and try to drown it all out. Usually it works.

For grandparents out there: Do NOT question your daughter on her choice to keep her son intact.


Peace, Love and Bulletproof Marshmallows

Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment